Celebrate. Freedom. #FreeBaliDolphins
#FREEBALIDOLPHINS Tour Bali
The #FreeBaliDolphins tour is coming to town! Two awesome events are taking place in Bali, featuring street artists, skaters and musicians!
Come join us in our celebration of dolphins, wild and free and help spread the word of their suffering in captivity, in traveling circuses and dolphinariums.
The kickoff event is on April 30 at Genius Café, in Sanur. Our celebration continues on May 5 in Paradiso, Ubud.
Special guests are Melanie Subono and Reggea star King MasMus. *See below for itinerary.
Sunday April 30 – Genius Cafe, Sanur (beachside venue in front of Mercure Hotel)
3-3.30 – Children activities: Lulu the dolphin puppet show & clown in Indonesian
3.30-4 – Children activities: Lulu the dolphin puppet show & clown in English
4-4.30 – Children activities: drawing contest & award ceremony
5-6 – Official opening mural photo exposition and live performance: KINGMASMUS X DLYTRB. Live Graffiti Jam with Eat Spray Love street artists
6.30 – 7.30 presentation #freebalidolphins campaign, short films and discussion with audience with Melanie Subono & Femke den Haas
7.45- 9.30 screening of The Cove documentary and Q&A. Indonesian subtitles
Friday May 5 – Paradiso Ubud, Jalan Gautama Selatan (off Jalan Hanoman)
4-5 Children activities: Lulu the Dolphin puppet show in English & drawing contest
5 Award ceremony drawing Contest
5.15 – 6.30 – Official opening mural photo exposition and live performance: KINGMASMUS X DLYTRB. Live Graffiti Jam with Eat Spray Love street artists
6.45 – 7.30 presentation #freebalidolphins campaign, short films and discussion with audience with Femke den Haas
7.45- 9.30 screening of ‘Minds in the Water’ documentary and Q&A.
- Multiple Species of Dolphins Decimated in The Cove - October 11, 2017
- Taiji to Unite with Faroese in Sister City Agreement - October 4, 2017
- Pilot Whale Pod Decimated in Taiji’s Dolphin Hunts - September 5, 2017
- Voices Across the World Condemn Japan’s Dolphin Slaughters - September 4, 2017
- Breaking: Pilot Whales Captured in First Hunt of Season - September 3, 2017
- Dolphin Project Returns to Taiji - August 29, 2017
- Breaking: Kasatka Dies at SeaWorld - August 16, 2017
- Op Ed: A Departure from Reality - August 10, 2017
- BREAKING: SeaWorld Tanks in 2Q and 1st Half 2017 Results - August 8, 2017
- BREAKING: Adios to Dolphin Shows in Mexico City - August 2, 2017
It might be true that we don't recall many moments from our early years. However, Cara's first memory of a dolphin had her begging her parents to ask the trainer to let the dolphin go! The problem with captivity was evident to her, even as a 4 year-old child.
A writer by trade, Cara has researched, investigated and documented dolphins suffering in captivity. From documenting dolphins incarcerated in buildings, cut-off from fresh air, sunlight and normal socialization to researching cases of animals imprisoned in solitary confinement, Cara is a dedicated dolphin welfare advocate.
It is her belief that education equals empowerment. The more information shared, the better our choices and knowledge of how to act as a positive and respectful voice for dolphins across the world.
Cara is based out of Canada and makes time whenever possible to observe dolphins in their natural environments. She is writing her first fiction novel but knowing her, the marine world will play a prominent role in her book!
"The use of animals for entertainment is nothing more than an abuse of dominance. Some of the most sentient species on the planet have been exploited to incomprehensible levels, all due to their inherent benevolence. Ironic, considering that we turn to the abused themselves for displays of humanity."
~ Cara Sands
- Multiple Species of Dolphins Decimated in The Cove
- Taiji to Unite with Faroese in Sister City Agreement
- Terror in The Cove as Pilot Whales Slaughtered
- Migrating Family of Risso’s Dolphins Slaughtered in The Cove
- When Natural Disasters and Captive Cetaceans Collide
- The Path to Progress Begins with Education