(Crowd) rise up on behalf of dolphins!
Whether you’re climbing 5895 meters (that’s a full 1000 meters from the highest point in Europe), biking solo 3600 kilometers across Japan, jumping out of a perfectly good airplane, running 10K, or if you prefer, enjoying a leisurely walk through a beautiful vineyard, the sky’s NO limit! Check out the hugely innovative fundraisers on Dolphin Project’s Crowdrise page or create one of your own.
Crowdrise makes it easy to donate to an existing fundraiser or to start a new fundraiser. Simply click on our Crowdrise page and let your imagination or fundraising finesse run wild!
Previous fundraisers include:
Dolphin Project supporter Ollie Blackmore took on a huge cycling endurance challenge across Japan all of September, 2015 to raise awareness and funds for Ric O’Barry’s Dolphin Project. The ride covered 3,600km over 21 days, climbing 175,000ft solo and unsupported during typhoon season.” – OLLIE’S 3600KM JAPAN RIDE
Game of Thrones star and Dolphin Project Ambassador Maisie Williams jumped out of a perfectly good, working airplane at 15,000ft to raise awareness and funds for the Dolphin Project. – MAISIE’S JUMP 4 DOLPHINS
* RUN* *WALK* *DO YOGA* *WORK OUT* *PLAY* – but do it all in style!
WEAR COOL GEAR!
Order your Dolphin Project athletic gear!
Lisa went to great heights to raise awareness. She said of the challenge “If I’m going to climb up 5895 meters, a whole 1000 meters than the highest point of Europe, I’m going to do it for a good reason! Mt Kilimanjaro is the tallest free standing mountain in the world and in February 2016, she climbed to the summit.” – LISA’S KILIMANJARO CLIMB FOR DOLPHINS
Ric O’Barry’s Dolphin Project is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization in the USA (Tax ID 47-1665067), and donations are tax-deductible.
- VIDEO: California Dreamin’ - October 21, 2016
- Brutality in the Cove as Striped Dolphins Slaughtered - October 19, 2016
- BREAKING: TripAdvisor to End Ticket Sales to Captive Wild Animal Acts - October 12, 2016
- Update: Atlantis Confirms 1st U.S. Resort to be Built in Oahu - October 1, 2016
- Breaking: SeaWorld’s “New” Attractions Just Same Old, Same Old - September 27, 2016
- Taiji’s Payday As 26 Dolphins Stolen for “Life” in Captivity - September 24, 2016
- “They’re Gone” – Pilot Whales Slaughtered in the Cove - September 19, 2016
- Awaiting ‘Fate’ – The Cruel Decimation of Two Pods - September 18, 2016
- Sold Into Servitude – “I’ll Take The Baby” - September 17, 2016
- Breaking: Two Species of Dolphins Brutally Captured in Taiji’s Hunts - September 16, 2016
It might be true that we don't recall many moments from our early years. However, Cara's first memory of a dolphin had her begging her parents to ask the trainer to let the dolphin go! The problem with captivity was evident to her, even as a 4 year-old child.
A writer by trade, Cara has researched, investigated and documented dolphins suffering in captivity. From documenting dolphins incarcerated in buildings, cut-off from fresh air, sunlight and normal socialization to researching cases of animals imprisoned in solitary confinement, Cara is a dedicated dolphin welfare advocate.
It is her belief that education equals empowerment. The more information shared, the better our choices and knowledge of how to act as a positive and respectful voice for dolphins across the world.
Cara is based out of Canada and makes time whenever possible to observe dolphins in their natural environments. She is writing her first fiction novel but knowing her, the marine world will play a prominent role in her book!
"The use of animals for entertainment is nothing more than an abuse of dominance. Some of the most sentient species on the planet have been exploited to incomprehensible levels, all due to their inherent benevolence. Ironic, considering that we turn to the abused themselves for displays of humanity."
~ Cara Sands
- Make a Difference for Dolphins
- VIDEO: California Dreamin’
- Brutality in the Cove as Striped Dolphins Slaughtered
- BREAKING: TripAdvisor to End Ticket Sales to Captive Wild Animal Acts
- Manby-Pacelle Pact: Hot Air and Hollow Words on Dolphin Drives
- Update: Atlantis Confirms 1st U.S. Resort to be Built in Oahu