Dolphin Project #GivingTuesday Challenge
Want to help us make 2015 the biggest year for dolphins ever?
You can – by joining Dolphin Project’s #GivingTuesday 4 Dolphins CrowdRise team!
Your Mission: We are asking our loyal supporters and everyone who loves dolphins to help by joining our team and become fundraisers. By reaching out to your friends and family, imagine the impact we can have by raising awareness and money for dolphins worldwide!
This year, we’re a part of the CrowdRise Giving Tower Holiday Challenge on #GivingTuesday, December 1. The CrowdRise Giving Tower is a virtual tower made up of bricks, each of which represents a donation made to Ric O’Barry’s Dolphin Project on #GivingTuesday, the biggest charitable giving day of the year.
What’s In It For Dolphins: The charity to raise the greatest amount of money on #GivingTuesday, from 12:00am ET – 11:59:59pm ET on December 1, will win $25,000 for their cause!
It takes less than five minutes to set up a fundraiser. All you have to do is visit our #GivingTuesday 4 Dolphins Fundraiser and click “Fundraise for this Campaign.” Let your imagination run wild – the possibilities are endless!
If for any reason you cannot set up a fundraiser, you can support Dolphin Project in donations. This will make a huge impact in our chances to win the $25K Giving Tower prize so please give generously!
Let’s protect dolphins together!
- BREAKING: Terror, Injuries During Day 3 of Captive Selection - January 22, 2017
- BREAKING: Real-Time Brutality in Cove as Dolphins Held Another Night - January 21, 2017
- BREAKING: Massive Pod of Bottlenose Dolphins Captured in Taiji - January 20, 2017
- Anatomy of a Slaughter: In Photos - January 17, 2017
- Breaking: Tilikum, the Blackfish Whale is Dead - January 6, 2017
- SeaWorld Says: No to Show, Yes to Captivity - January 4, 2017
- Breaking: Nets Allegedly Cut at Captive Dolphin Facility in Taiji - January 4, 2017
- Happiness is Freedom ~ Peace to All - December 29, 2016
- Breaking: Barcelona Zoo Dolphinarium to Close - December 24, 2016
- Counting the Dead: Taiji’s Expendable Dolphins - December 21, 2016
It might be true that we don't recall many moments from our early years. However, Cara's first memory of a dolphin had her begging her parents to ask the trainer to let the dolphin go! The problem with captivity was evident to her, even as a 4 year-old child.
A writer by trade, Cara has researched, investigated and documented dolphins suffering in captivity. From documenting dolphins incarcerated in buildings, cut-off from fresh air, sunlight and normal socialization to researching cases of animals imprisoned in solitary confinement, Cara is a dedicated dolphin welfare advocate.
It is her belief that education equals empowerment. The more information shared, the better our choices and knowledge of how to act as a positive and respectful voice for dolphins across the world.
Cara is based out of Canada and makes time whenever possible to observe dolphins in their natural environments. She is writing her first fiction novel but knowing her, the marine world will play a prominent role in her book!
"The use of animals for entertainment is nothing more than an abuse of dominance. Some of the most sentient species on the planet have been exploited to incomprehensible levels, all due to their inherent benevolence. Ironic, considering that we turn to the abused themselves for displays of humanity."
~ Cara Sands
- BREAKING: Terror, Injuries During Day 3 of Captive Selection
- BREAKING: Real-Time Brutality in Cove as Dolphins Held Another Night
- BREAKING: Massive Pod of Bottlenose Dolphins Captured in Taiji
- Three Years an Angel
- Anatomy of a Slaughter: In Photos
- Paradise Lost: Dolphin Cruelty Issues Growing in Indonesia