Dolphin Project Team Welcomes New Ambassadors
The Dolphin Project team is excited to welcome two new ambassadors to our growing list of notable representatives.
Like you, these new ambassadors share our concerns about the plight of dolphins and will help spread the word about the many obstacles and pitfalls faced by wild and captive dolphins.
Tony Kanal is an American musician, record producer, songwriter and the bassist for the American rock band ‘No Doubt.’
As an ethical vegan and animal rights activist, Kanal is also a husband and the father of two lovely young girls. Tony is getting the word out to the general public to “Take the Pledge Not to Buy a Ticket For a Dolphin Show.”
Learn more about Tony!
Our second ambassador has a lot in common with dolphins because she swims like one!
Despite other interests in school, Taylor McKeown was always drawn back to swimming. Now an Australian competitive swimmer, she took gold in the 200-meter breaststroke at the 2014 Commonwealth Games.
Although Taylor narrowly missed out on Olympic selection in 2012, her eyes are firmly set towards the Rio, 2016 Olympic Games. We’re delighted to have Taylor on board at the Dolphin Project. We believe it is a win-win for her and for the dolphins.
Learn more about Taylor!
Our ambassadors play a vital role within the team as they help to spread the word to a far larger audience than we might reach on our own. Tony and Taylor will join American race car driver Leilani Münter, former ‘Guns N’ Roses’ drummer now with ‘Kings of Chaos,’ Matt Sorum; former Emblem3 band member Drew Chadwick, and a star of HBO’s smash hit series ‘Game of Thrones’ — Maisie Williams.
We highly value our ambassadors and thank them for their efforts to give dolphins worldwide, a voice of their own.
- Trio of Deaths: The Portrayal of Daniel Dukes - March 6, 2017
- Trio of Deaths: Sheriff’s Report on the Death of Daniel Dukes - February 26, 2017
- The Trio of Deaths – Keltie Byrne - February 21, 2017
- Seven Years On: Revisiting the Death of Dawn Brancheau - February 20, 2017
- Tilikum and Granny: Two Lost Orcas, Two Different Lives - January 6, 2017
- Russian Aquarium is a Death Camp for Marine Mammals - November 3, 2016
- More Orca Deaths: Time for the Damn Dams to Go - October 30, 2016
- Manby-Pacelle Pact: Hot Air and Hollow Words on Dolphin Drives - October 4, 2016
- Cultural Evolution is Happening in the Solomon Islands - September 27, 2016
- Broome Must End its Sister Relationship with Taiji - September 26, 2016
Elizabeth is a freelance writer, a former large animal nurse and a former certified NREMT. She is passionate about the ocean and its inhabitants and her work focuses on cetacean-related issues, including captive whales and dolphins. She graduated in psychology and sociology and lives with her family in beautiful northwestern Montana.
- Blackstone Drops SeaWorld in Sale to China’s Zhonghong Zhuoye
- Where is this Dolphin’s Teeth?
- BREAKING: Park Board Votes to End Cetacean Captivity at Vancouver Aquarium
- St. Lucia Proposes New Captive Dolphin Facility
- Trio of Deaths: The Portrayal of Daniel Dukes
- The Faces We’ll Never Forget