Happiness is Freedom ~ Peace to All
On behalf of us at Dolphin Project, THANK YOU for your continued support. From signing a petition to wearing your support in the form of our authentic gear; from volunteering as a Cove Monitor to not buying a ticket to a dolphin show; from reading a blog to donating hard-earned dollars so we can continue the good fight – speaking of which, there are only 48 hours left to make a tax-deductible donation for 2016 — every action matters.
As 2016 gives way to 2017, enjoy this short video and keep peace in your hearts.
For the dolphins…
- VIDEO: Dolphins Wild and Free in the Big, Blue Sea - June 23, 2017
- Join us on Japan Dolphins Day - June 20, 2017
- Marine Mammal Commission Poised for Elimination - June 7, 2017
- Two More Species of Dolphins Added to Taiji’s Hunts - June 1, 2017
- BREAKING: Victory in Vancouver! - May 16, 2017
- BREAKING: SeaWorld’s Revenue, Attendance Tanks in 1Q 2017 - May 9, 2017
- May 13 is Empty the Tanks! - May 1, 2017
- Celebrate. Freedom. #FreeBaliDolphins - April 25, 2017
- BREAKING: Two More Dolphins in South Korea Heading for Freedom! - April 24, 2017
- Young Surfers Agree: Leave Dolphins Wild & Free! - April 24, 2017
It might be true that we don't recall many moments from our early years. However, Cara's first memory of a dolphin had her begging her parents to ask the trainer to let the dolphin go! The problem with captivity was evident to her, even as a 4 year-old child.
A writer by trade, Cara has researched, investigated and documented dolphins suffering in captivity. From documenting dolphins incarcerated in buildings, cut-off from fresh air, sunlight and normal socialization to researching cases of animals imprisoned in solitary confinement, Cara is a dedicated dolphin welfare advocate.
It is her belief that education equals empowerment. The more information shared, the better our choices and knowledge of how to act as a positive and respectful voice for dolphins across the world.
Cara is based out of Canada and makes time whenever possible to observe dolphins in their natural environments. She is writing her first fiction novel but knowing her, the marine world will play a prominent role in her book!
"The use of animals for entertainment is nothing more than an abuse of dominance. Some of the most sentient species on the planet have been exploited to incomprehensible levels, all due to their inherent benevolence. Ironic, considering that we turn to the abused themselves for displays of humanity."
~ Cara Sands
- VIDEO: Dolphins Wild and Free in the Big, Blue Sea
- Join us on Japan Dolphins Day
- Exclusive: Is SeaWorld’s Orca Kasatka Losing Her Battle with Chronic Illness?
- Marine Mammal Commission Poised for Elimination
- Two More Species of Dolphins Added to Taiji’s Hunts
- SeaWorld: The Beginning of the End for Orca Shows