Help London Say NO to Taiji’s Dolphin Massacre
Please join us on September 1st. ENOUGH IS ENOUGH! Let’s end this, once and for all.” ~ Ric O’Barry, Founder/Director of Dolphin Project
WHO: Ric O’Barry, Founder/Director of Dolphin Project will be attending the Japan Dolphins Day demo in London. We encourage everyone in the London area to attend and let your voices be heard. If you are a member of an animal welfare organization, please ask your organization to inform their members about Japan Dolphins Day and the importance of showing up.
WHAT: Japan Dolphins Day, London. Click here for full event information.
WHEN: September 1st, 12:00 noon – 6:00 p.m.
WHERE: Cavendish Square Gardens. The march to the Japanese Embassy will begin at 1:00 p.m. Nearest tube is Oxford Circus.
WHY: Each year from September until March, hundreds of dolphins are deliberately hunted and killed by Taiji fishermen. Some are slaughtered for their meat while others are caught for a life of captivity, shipped to marine parks and aquariums across the world. Their methods are internally condemned as being brutally cruel. This is a shame on the Japanese government and we encourage everyone to SHOW UP and SPEAK OUT against the massacre of dolphins in Taiji.
Can’t attend the demo but want to help?
- Unbearable Acts of Cruelty Against Striped Dolphins - October 26, 2016
- VIDEO: California Dreamin’ - October 21, 2016
- Brutality in the Cove as Striped Dolphins Slaughtered - October 19, 2016
- BREAKING: TripAdvisor to End Ticket Sales to Captive Wild Animal Acts - October 12, 2016
- Update: Atlantis Confirms 1st U.S. Resort to be Built in Oahu - October 1, 2016
- Breaking: SeaWorld’s “New” Attractions Just Same Old, Same Old - September 27, 2016
- Taiji’s Payday As 26 Dolphins Stolen for “Life” in Captivity - September 24, 2016
- “They’re Gone” – Pilot Whales Slaughtered in the Cove - September 19, 2016
- Awaiting ‘Fate’ – The Cruel Decimation of Two Pods - September 18, 2016
- Sold Into Servitude – “I’ll Take The Baby” - September 17, 2016
It might be true that we don't recall many moments from our early years. However, Cara's first memory of a dolphin had her begging her parents to ask the trainer to let the dolphin go! The problem with captivity was evident to her, even as a 4 year-old child.
A writer by trade, Cara has researched, investigated and documented dolphins suffering in captivity. From documenting dolphins incarcerated in buildings, cut-off from fresh air, sunlight and normal socialization to researching cases of animals imprisoned in solitary confinement, Cara is a dedicated dolphin welfare advocate.
It is her belief that education equals empowerment. The more information shared, the better our choices and knowledge of how to act as a positive and respectful voice for dolphins across the world.
Cara is based out of Canada and makes time whenever possible to observe dolphins in their natural environments. She is writing her first fiction novel but knowing her, the marine world will play a prominent role in her book!
"The use of animals for entertainment is nothing more than an abuse of dominance. Some of the most sentient species on the planet have been exploited to incomprehensible levels, all due to their inherent benevolence. Ironic, considering that we turn to the abused themselves for displays of humanity."
~ Cara Sands
- Unbearable Acts of Cruelty Against Striped Dolphins
- Make a Difference for Dolphins
- VIDEO: California Dreamin’
- Brutality in the Cove as Striped Dolphins Slaughtered
- BREAKING: TripAdvisor to End Ticket Sales to Captive Wild Animal Acts
- Manby-Pacelle Pact: Hot Air and Hollow Words on Dolphin Drives