London Says NO to Crimes Against Nature
Imagine someone said you had the power to end the senseless slaughter in Japan. Imagine we, in London, held the power to put a stop to this, once and for all. Well, we do! ~ Ric O’Barry, Founder/Director, Dolphin Project
Who: We are calling on EVERYONE in the U.K. and Europe to let Taiji know their continued crimes against nature must end – NOW. Enough is enough!
What: Carnival Demo March to the Japanese Embassy in London
When: Saturday, January 16, 2016, 12:00 noon
Where: Meet at Cavendish Square, W1G 0PR
Why: Says Ric O’Barry, “London is key. The pressure in London is working.”
January 16, 2016 will see people from all over the U.K. and Europe joining forces to march throughout central London against the annual, barbaric hunt of dolphins in Taiji, Japan. Nowhere else in the world would such killings be considered acceptable, and in most places, these crimes would be punishable by law.
How many more dolphins must be slaughtered in front of our eyes, or taken for a “life” of captivity until we say ENOUGH IS ENOUGH? We are calling on ALL groups, animal charities, animal lovers and just about anyone who wants to see an end to these crimes against nature to SHOW UP and let your voices be heard!
Please help by inviting all your friends to this event.
Together, we can #EndTheMadness!
- VIDEO: California Dreamin’ - October 21, 2016
- Brutality in the Cove as Striped Dolphins Slaughtered - October 19, 2016
- BREAKING: TripAdvisor to End Ticket Sales to Captive Wild Animal Acts - October 12, 2016
- Update: Atlantis Confirms 1st U.S. Resort to be Built in Oahu - October 1, 2016
- Breaking: SeaWorld’s “New” Attractions Just Same Old, Same Old - September 27, 2016
- Taiji’s Payday As 26 Dolphins Stolen for “Life” in Captivity - September 24, 2016
- “They’re Gone” – Pilot Whales Slaughtered in the Cove - September 19, 2016
- Awaiting ‘Fate’ – The Cruel Decimation of Two Pods - September 18, 2016
- Sold Into Servitude – “I’ll Take The Baby” - September 17, 2016
- Breaking: Two Species of Dolphins Brutally Captured in Taiji’s Hunts - September 16, 2016
It might be true that we don't recall many moments from our early years. However, Cara's first memory of a dolphin had her begging her parents to ask the trainer to let the dolphin go! The problem with captivity was evident to her, even as a 4 year-old child.
A writer by trade, Cara has researched, investigated and documented dolphins suffering in captivity. From documenting dolphins incarcerated in buildings, cut-off from fresh air, sunlight and normal socialization to researching cases of animals imprisoned in solitary confinement, Cara is a dedicated dolphin welfare advocate.
It is her belief that education equals empowerment. The more information shared, the better our choices and knowledge of how to act as a positive and respectful voice for dolphins across the world.
Cara is based out of Canada and makes time whenever possible to observe dolphins in their natural environments. She is writing her first fiction novel but knowing her, the marine world will play a prominent role in her book!
"The use of animals for entertainment is nothing more than an abuse of dominance. Some of the most sentient species on the planet have been exploited to incomprehensible levels, all due to their inherent benevolence. Ironic, considering that we turn to the abused themselves for displays of humanity."
~ Cara Sands
- Make a Difference for Dolphins
- VIDEO: California Dreamin’
- Brutality in the Cove as Striped Dolphins Slaughtered
- BREAKING: TripAdvisor to End Ticket Sales to Captive Wild Animal Acts
- Manby-Pacelle Pact: Hot Air and Hollow Words on Dolphin Drives
- Update: Atlantis Confirms 1st U.S. Resort to be Built in Oahu