How to Form a Cove Club
Interested in forming a Cove Club at your school or in your community? It’s a great way to raise issue awareness while raising funds for Dolphin Project.
Keep reading to learn how to get started.
- Make a name for the club (this can also be decided when the group is established)
- Choose when your club will meet
- Ask people to join your club – it’s a good idea to have an adult in the club so they can be a mentor
- Have your first meeting and make sure everyone is happy with the meeting time
- At the first meeting, vote on responsibilities and jobs
- Vice Captain/Deputy
- Task specific leaders e.g. fundraising leader
- Choose a club logo and motto
- Decide specific tasks or action that the groups would like to be involved in
- Work as a team, help each other and make sure everyone is involved
- Have fun!
Important Things to Remember
- At each meeting you should have an agenda. This is a list of items that the group is going to discuss. Using an agenda helps the group to stay on task.
- Organize what you would like your club to be involved in. These could be writing letters to important people, fundraising or protests.
- Use a calendar to plot important events or when things are due. The secretary can be responsible for this.
- Social media is great to help you get your message out to the public. Your Cove Club can start a blog!
- It is important to keep learning – keep reading books and finding out information so you can learn as much as you can and education others.